This is my ABSOLUTE favorite thing I’ve made off of Pinterest thus far. It’s like the Goddess of all salads. In fact, I pray that my grocery store is stocked with Strawberries regularly just so I can have this awesomeness in my mouth from time to time. It’s so easy to make and ohmygod so good!!
There’s a few things I changed around.
1. I made candied walnuts with this recipe
2. I used a cow’s milk feta rather than the normal goat cheese feta (regular feta is sheep and goats milk combined)
3. After I washed and chopped the strawberries I put them in a bowl with some balsamic vinegar for about 10-15 minutes prior to using in the dish. Still leaves them sweet but mixes better with the whole salad.
4. Spinach is boring all by itself so I used rucola (yummy nutty flavor to it) and a field salad which is really popular here in Germany.
5. I didn’t have time to make the raspberry poppyseed dressing ( I think it takes 2 weeks or so). I do as the Germans do – vinegar, vinegar, and more vinegar. My dressing was balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, and a dried herbs mixture special for salads.
So far, everyone I’ve made this for is RAVING about it. And I literally crave this baby several times a week. Make it! Enjoy! And let me know if you like it as much as I do!
Until next time, Readers!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo