I made this for Valentine’s Day and it was a HIT! Lately, I’ve been trying to stay away from Garlic recipes since it makes for some really stinky breath but since it was Valentine’s Day I decided to let us have it!
This recipe is super easy and only takes a few ingredients! Give it a try and let me know what you think! 🙂 (Note: Sorry for the lack of pictures – I was cooking 8 things at once and didn’t have a chance to get out the good camera! Hope you can forgive me!!)
What You Will Need:
350 gram package fresh linguine, cooked
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup fresh, cleaned, and sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
Salt and pepper to season
1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds – if you can’t find toasted just regular (peeled) and chop them up!
4 ounces dry white wine
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 cups whipping cream
How To Make It:
1. Heat olive oil in a large heavy bottomed frying pan over medium low heat.
2. Add chicken breasts, garlic, season with salt and pepper and continue to cook the chicken until completely cooked.
3. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm
4. Add 4oz white wine (I used dry) to the pan and let simmer until it is reduced by half.
5. Next add in 2 cups whipping cream, 3 tbsp Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Simmer until sauce thickens enough to coat a metal spoon.
7. Return Chicken to the sauce and add the mushrooms.
8. Simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
9. Serve over cooked linguine. Sprinkle almonds on top.
10. GUTEN APPETIT!
Until next time, Readers!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo