Ahhh…the sweetness of the beginning of a challenge. By day 5 I’ll be pulling my hair out, wishing I were dead, and curse myself for starting this crap!
So yesterday I showed you the different things I made for the Easter dinner and the main course was the Creamy Basil Parmesan Chicken which can be found on Pinterest here or on the original site of Bigoven.com.
It really is quite easy to make, really tasty, and well worth it for the chicken lovers! I added a bit more cream and chicken broth to make more sauce. Toblerone is a sauce of all flavors kind of guy so I always make extra. The directions are very clear and easy to follow as well.
What you need:
1/4 Cup Dry bread crumbs
1lb boneless chicken breast, 4 halves
3 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1 can (4oz) Pimento; sliced
1/4 cup Basil; fresh, minced
1/2 cup Parmesan; grated
1/8 tspn Pepper
How To Make It:
- Heat skillet over medium high heat
- Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls
- Dip chicken in milk, and then coat with crumbs
- Add chicken to skillet with 1/2 of the butter about 5 min
- Add remaining butter flip chicken and cook another 5 min till chicken is cooked.
- Remove and keep warm
- Add broth to skillet bring to boil over medium heat to remove fond
- Stir in cream, and pimientos; boil and stir for 1 min
- Reduce heat, add parmesan cheese, basil and pepper; cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve chicken with sauce poured over.
Until next time, Readers!!! xoxoxoxo